So you definitely may not know this, but you will soon come to realize that I am a dreamer. A big one a that. I have so many plans and goals for my life, and I am excited about accomplishing each and every one of them. I could go on and on about how I want to be a family nurse practitioner for underprivileged communities, develop my own life preparation class, and be a talk show host on top of being a loving mother and wife one day, but I will save that for my bio LOL.
However, the moral of this post is to talk about putting your ALL into whatever dream you want to accomplish. There are many steps to make your dreams come true, and here are the essentials.
#1 – Know your dreams!
-What do you desire to become? What do you desire to do? What gets you excited every time you are thinking about it? What are those things that you think about and start planning in the middle of the day? Those are your dreams!
-Write them down and commit them not only to your memory but your heart. These will be the driving force behind you getting through a bad day, dealing with that boss you do not like, or not addressing the petty drama in your life.
#2 – Know what you need to do to accomplish those dreams.
-It is important to know what steps you need to take to accomplish your heart’s desires. Do you need to save up some money, or take some classes to train you in leadership or any special fields?
-However, before you can do the previous. You need to do your research. Research is important because it defines what you are really going after. Within research you can find a professional’s opinion on what you are trying to do, and how much work it takes to accomplish that goal.
#3- Develop your own goals binder, file, or journal.
– It is important to write down all of your goals, and what it will take to achieve them. It seems like when you write it all down you make yourself accountable. It is like a working contract with yourself.
– Be very detailed. Eventually, I am going to blog about prayer lists, but one of the things you need to include on your prayer list are details and bold ones at that. Don’t set your standards low. These are your dreams, and you know your own limits so push them a little. Here is an example of bold: I want to earn my Masters in Nursing pursuing a career as a Family Nurse Practitioner by Summer 2017 (since this original post, I have accomplished this goal in August 2016. A year ahead ). Then you would include how you are going to do that like, apply for grad school this semester, shadow an FNP, and etc.
– In this composite, you should include any research articles you find or any motivating pieces of art or poetry. This will be something you constantly look at, add to, and reflect on.
#4- Everything you do should work towards your goal.
– You should take the time to re-evaluate your life to make sure that everything you do is supporting your dreams.
– Not only do you need to check your activities but check your circle. Are your friends being supportive? Are they bringing you up or bringing you down? Are they draining the life out of you? If so, those are not the kind of people you need to be around. Yes, you love your friends they make you laugh and have a good time, but would you rather be successful in 2 years and develop new friends that will push you or be successful in 5 years with the same friends that may cause you to fall down. Also, if you think about it; if they were your real friends you would not have to let them go because they will support everything that you do and vice versa.
#5- Remain ambitious, do not give up!
– one of my favorite poems says “ you do not know how close you are, you may be near when it seems so far, so stick to the fight when you’re the hardest hit, it is times like this when you must not quit.”
-No matter how hard it is, or when you are in your deepest valley, keep fighting. Keep those visions of success running through your mind. It will help you press on. Remember your failures are what make you wiser and stronger, as long as you learn from them and grow.
There is so much more, I can say about accomplishing your dreams, so if you think there is something that needs to be included add it in the comments below
#6 – Believe in yourself!
– Speak things into your life! It is important to always speak positive things even though it may seem negative. Faith is believing in the unseen, so believe.
-Our tongue is not only a deadly weapon to others but ourselves.
-Just speaking won’t bring you the career you always wanted, you have to work hard as well. Proverbs 14:23 states ” All hard work brings a profit, but merely speaking leads to nothing,” so hold up your end of the bargain.